Regardless of the results of this season, it can't be said that the Tribe didn't make it interesting during these last few weeks. There are seven games left, so strap in and enjoy the ride.
The LGT staff is out of superlatives for Corey Kluber, but Kluber doesn't care. He's a robot. He just keeps getting better and better with no regard for human emotion. Klubot gonna Klubot.
Indians news & notes
Francona makes plans at 30,000 feet | Cleveland.com - Monday, the Indians play a "double header" against the Royals, and Terry Francona is being tight-lipped about his plans for the suspend game/full game combo.
The Tito effect | Did The Tribe Win Last Night? - Bob Toth lays out his argument for why the Indians wouldn't be in playoff contention if it weren't for Terry Francona.
Kluber won't talk numbers, but Hoynsie will | Cleveland.com - Unlike some other pitchers, Kluber doesn't keep track of his stats as he pitches. Instead, they're automatically archived into his auxillary CPU between innings. Regardless, Paul Hoynes highlights some interesting numbers about Klubot.
A new role for The Attach | Cleveland.com - Zach McAllister started the season as a starter, sucked, but is adjusting well to his new role as a reliever.
The WAR Room: Lake County pitchers | Indians Baseball Insider - IBI takes a look back at the Lake County Captains pitching staff with an eye toward future contributors.
Tidbits from around MLB
- The stupid Royals beat the stupid Tigers to maintain their Wild Card spot.
- The stupid Phillies couldn't beat the A's, as the A's walked off with a win thanks to Josh Donaldson.
- The Cardinals have clinched a playoff berth.
- Tim Bogar, who has been the Rangers' acting manager since Ron Washington left, is the frontrunner for the full-time job.
- Joe Maddon thinks hitters are at a distinct disadvantage in this era of baseball.
- Matthew Leach at Sports on Earth takes a look at Jacob deGrom, Billy Hamilton, and Kolten Wongas Rookie of The Year candidates.