• ICYMI, the Indians signed right-handed reliever Scott Atchison to a $900K contract for 2015 with a team option for 2016. The 2015 team's average age just went up by 5.7 years. MLBTR points out that Atchison was eligible for arbitration after the season and $900K is less than he was projected to make this year in arbitration. Which takes me from "meh" to "good move, Antonetti."
Lonnie weighs in:
.@BIGLON8 on Atchison's deal: "Im excited to see what kind of physical test they put him through. First colonoscopy to complete a contract?"— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) August 19, 2014
• Ryan Raburn was placed on the disabled list yesterday. His replacement, Tyler Holt, arrived to the ballpark shortly before the first pitch and hit a two-run pinch hit double in the 6th. Holt receiving Raburn's playing time is something that should have happened weeks ago.
• In CastroTurf, Anthony Castrovince takes a look at where the Tribe currently finds itself.
• Gee/Kazmir: Last night's pitching matchup in Oakland
• Gee, Kazmir: The start of a sentence that ends "would look good in our rotation."
• The 2014 Indians defense finally figured out how to make an error while not playing:
The hit that originally put Derek Jeter into a tie with Honus Wagner on alltime hits list has been correctly changed to E3 (Santana) by MLB.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) August 19, 2014
• In the LGFT department, Matt McBride has returned to the Major Leagues.
• And Ubaldo Jimenez has been moved to the Orioles bullpen.