- Ryan Braun hit 3 home runs in Philadelphia against the Phillies yesterday. Braun had 7 RBI in the game, which was Philly's home opener. Milwaukee won 10-4.
- Trevor Bauer will pitch the second game of today's doubleheader against San Diego. 20 minutes after the first game ends, he will face SD lefthander Robbie Erlin.
- Aaron Harang pitched well for the Braves again. This time, facing Bartolo Colon and the Mets, Harang gave up just 2 hits and 1 run over 6 innings. Bartolo Colon was better, though.
- Drew Stubbs led off for the Rockies last night and went 0-for-2 with a walk, raising his OBP to .154, but lowering his SLG to .091.
- Brandon Belt smacked (like my restraint?) his 5th home run in the Giants 7-3 win over 2-8 Arizona yesterday.
- The Dodgers beat the Tigers late last night. The best part? Justin Chamberlain got the loss for the Tigers.
- and finally, bad news for the Rays:
Hearing Matt Moore's elbow injury involves his UCL. If tear small enough, could rehab, pitch through. Often ends up with Tommy John surgery.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 9, 2014
Ryan Braun delivered in a big way yesterday.
(I'm above making a steroid joke here, but not above a FedEx one)