• The Indians signed Jerry Sands and Adam Moore to minor league deals with invites to spring training. Sands made his Major League debut in 2011 for the Dodgers, OPSing 727. He was never able to repeat that, however, and has only batted 46 times since then in the Major Leagues. He's a right-handed batter, if you were curious.
• Brett Anderson signed a 1-year deal with the Dodgers for $10M plus another 4M in incentives. This is FAR more than I would have paid for him and a lot more than I thought he'd command on the market.
• Alex Rios landed in Kansas City for eleven million dollars. It's only for one year. I'm not worried about this one. Also a pretty steep overpay, IMO.
• Mike Morse and the Marlins agreed on a two-year deal. We'll see how much of that he actually spends in Miami.
* Earlier this morning, the Padres signed Brandon Morrow to a $2.5M deal. This is one I would have liked to see the Indians take the plunge on.