Quite a while ago (2007 or 2008 I believe), I did an experiment with Google Maps that allowed LGT readers to place themselves on the world map. I had assumed back then that most of the people would be in Ohio, of if not, the Midwest, but I was very wrong. Here's the results of that experiment:
View LGT in a larger map
Over the years, I've come to understand that this place serves as a way for Indians fans a long way away from Cleveland to connect to each other from afar, whether it be from across the country or from around the world. We have regulars who check in from Hawaii, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Venezuela, and from virtually every corner of the United States. The Internet has made the world a lot smaller, with no better example than the SBN sites.
To add your location to this map, follow these instructions:
- Click this link to access the map.
- Log in with your Google account if you have one. If you do not have a Google account, see below
- Choose to edit the map (click the red button that says 'Edit')
- Zoom into the area where you live.
- Click the icon on the map that looks like a pin (if you hover over it, it will say 'Add a Placemark')
- Click the city (not your street address!) to add your location, with your username as the Title. You can add your city in the description if you want to.
- Click the 'Done' button, and, well, you're done.
- If you did this before and have moved someone else, you can move your location by just dragging the placemark you placed before.
If you do not have a Google account, you can just list your city below and I will add it later.