- Although the Indians would have won today no matter what they got out of the pitching staff, Justin Masterson pitched a gem, especially if you look at what he after getting out of the first inning. His final line: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 8 SO, 3 BB, 97 Pitches.
- Drew Stubbs got the Indians off the schnide by taking David Price the other way for a two-out RBI single. After that, the fireworks started.
- Mark Reynolds hit what I thought a routine fly ball off Price in the third. But I have to get used to not assuming a Reynolds fly ball is going to stay in the yard; the ball cleared the center field fence for a three-run homer. That hit broke the game home. Then Reynolds hit a ball even farther in the seventh.
- Lonnie Chisenhall got the start against a difficult left-hander, and did very well. He took Price deep in the fifth to in effect knock him out of the game.
- Carlos Santana had a career-high five hits, including two doubles and line drive homer.
- The Indians have beaten both reigning Cy Young winners within the first week of the season.
- As bad as things felt yesterday, the Indians now head home with a 3-3 road trip. I'll take it.
Roll Call (43 Commenters)
|17||VA tribe fan||8|
|29||Denver Tribe Fan||4|
|38||Ted Washington's Belly||2|