- The desperate Yankees agreed to a deal that would get them Vernon Wells from the Angels. After barely any time at all passed, he approved the trade. Yankees will pay roughly $13M.
- Chris Perez is likely to be ready for opening day. Don't rush things, Chris.
- "The Rockies return LHP Danny Rosenbaum, a Rule 5 Draft pick, to Nationals." A McGuinness decision should be coming soon.
- After getting out of his Marlins contract, Jon Garland agreed to a deal with the Rockies that will pay him $500K base and about $2M in incentives. He will be in their rotation.
- The Padres released Freddy Garcia.
- and the Rays released Nick Weglarz. Andrew Friedman was not willing to give his legz for wegz.
- Speaking of the Rays, they are struggling to decide between Roberto Hernandez and Jeff Niemann. (Goofy article alert! Writer acts like every MLB team runs the same 5 guys out there all season long.)
"Francona said players allowed to hit on 3-0 counts. During his tenure with Red Sox (04-11), Boston led AL with .526 average on 3-0 counts"
"By comparison, during Acta's tenure ('10-12), Indians had fewest at-bats (11) and hits (1) on 3-0 counts in the American League."
FIRE(d) ALL THE ACTA HITTING COACHES!
- As if the Diamondbacks offseason couldn't be any more critically maligned, Adam Eaton is out 6–8 weeks.
- Droobs was kept out of the lineup Sunday with a sore back.
Francona said he & Antonetti will sit down Sunday to discuss 5th starter race: Kazmir vs Carrasco. Need clarity on Carrasco's suspension.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) March 23, 2013
Scouts are starting to wonder how much travis hafner (.129 into today) has left. Been late on fastballs. #yankees— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) March 23, 2013
FIRST THINGS FIRST: Dice-K was released. But the team wants him back. They might just be avoiding the bonus due to him. This reeks of Boras.