Grady Sizemore getting a lot of interest. Should be ready for spring training.— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) November 19, 2013
- The Indians will be signing outfielder David Murphy.
- Henry Schulman tweeted that Josh Johnson would prefer to pitch for the Giants or Padres. Schulman was right: Johnson signed with San Diego. Johnson gets $8 million guaranteed, with the ability to make another $1.25 million if he makes 26 starts. "If he makes fewer than seven starts, San Diego gets a $4M club option for 2015." This is a deal I would have been happy to see the Indians make.
- The Indians signed up more designated drivers than the Twins. What a bunch of trainwrecks they have over there in Minnesota.
- The Pirates traded for Duke "Not Wes" Welker, even though he's never pitched for any organization other than Pittsburgh. He was the Morneau PTBNL.
- The Red Sox have had "serious dialogue" with Carlos Beltran. Because, you know, a World Series champ needs more bats.
- The Nationals re-signed 6'10" RHP Chris Young to a minor league contract.
November 20 Tribe News and Notes: Free agents landing
We're not the only people thinking that Grady Sizemore could be a nice value pickup...