- Welp, this was going to mostly be about Tim Lincecum... but that Lukehart is a machine that can't be stopped. If you missed it, he signed a $35M contract for two years (sorry, not you, Jason). Grant Brisbee at McCovey Chronicles provides his take on the signing, trying to talk himself into it.
- There's also this though:
In honor of the World Series, here's the first of five proposed rule changes to baseball. http://t.co/lzk1N77wzl— Joe Posnanski (@JPosnanski) October 23, 2013
I'm not on board. I do hope one of the five is about the strange third strike WP/PB rule, though.
- Jordan Bastian answers some mailbag questions, including his take on Swisher and Bourn going forward.
- Matt Harvey had his Tommy John surgery—and it was successful.
- And the AL central could lose Billy Butler
Royals ready to talk about Billy Butler deal for teams that would take on DH owed $8 million in '14, $12m in 2015.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 22, 2013