Somehow, this gem about Carlos Carrasco got lost in the shuffle last week. He threw for manager Terry Francona last week. Also, Lonnie Chisenhall has put on 15 pounds.
In other news:
- Fan excitement is palpable at Tribe Fest | indians.com: News: The excitement for Indians baseball was apparent on Saturday at Progressive Field, where fans were taking in this winter's Tribe Fest.
- Indians sign utility man Ryan Raburn, outfielder Ben Francisco to Minor League deals |Cleveland signed utility man Ryan Raburn and outfielder Ben Francisco to Minor League contracts, which include invitations to attend Spring Training with the big league club. Raburn and Francisco will come into camp as candidates for backup roles.
- From cringeworthy to celebrated, here are 10 ways to remember ex-Tiger Raburn | The Detroit News - Oh, the memories they have of Ryan Raburn in the Motor City
- Astros sign Erik Bedard to minor-league deal - The Astros have signed pitcher Erik Bedard to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.
- Report: Pirates, pitcher Francisco Liriano agree to revised deal | The Pirates have reached a new two-year agreement with left-hander Francisco Liriano, about a month after an original deal was in place, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reported Monday.
- Joe Posnanski remembers Stan the Manand Earl Weaver
- And finally, Hey Hoynsie rides again (standard warning about reading comments applies)