First up, the Indians news:
- 7 Cleveland Indians file for salary arbitration; will exchange figures Friday | cleveland.com> : The Indians have seven players who filed for arbitration. According to projections, the combined total of their 2013 salaries could be an over $23 million.
- Gomes to balance Classic, battling for roster spot | indians.com: NewsIt's been a busy offseason for Yan Gomes -- Brazil's first Major Leaguer. The catcher was traded Nov. 3 and only a few weeks later, he was helping Brazil make the World Baseball Classic. Soon, Gomes will balance playing in the tournament with competing for a roster spot with the Tribe.
- Ben Broussard is attempting a comeback | HardballTalk: LGFT Ben Broussard is 36 years old and hasn't played in the majors since 2008, but he's trying to get back to the big leagues. Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Broussard worked out for a handful of teams today after playing winter ball in Mexico.
Next, some views of the Mike Morse/John Jaso deal:
- Mariners land slugger Michael Morse in three-way trade | MLB.com: News: The Mariners acquired Nationals outfielder/first baseman Mike Morse on Wednesday in a three-way deal that sent catcher John Jaso to the A's.
- Jaso, Morse Move Around In Three-Team Deal | FanGraphs Baseball: Jeff Sullivan's take on the deal
- Mariners Trade John Jaso For Michael Morse For Some Reason - Lookout Landing: The view from Seattle (not for the weak of heart).
And finally, you didn't know that you wanted to know what Trevor Bauer was eating when he found out he got traded. But you do.