- Shane Victorino did sign with the Red Sox. For an absurd $38 million over three years. The Indians reportedly offered $44M over 4. Which I believe everybody at LGT has agreed... is insane.
- Yunel Escobar was traded to Tampa for Derek Dietrich.
The Astros traded RHP Wilton Lopez to Colorado for LGFT Alex White. I irrationally want White (and Pomeranz) back so that we can forget the whole Ubaldo thing ever happened.
- Dee Gordon is unsurprisingly on the block. And the Mariners are believed to be the most interested.
- The Giants kept another key part of their WS roster intact, agreeing to a 3-year contract with Marco Scutaro.
- The Nationals signed Dan Haren to a 1-year contract.
- The Red Sox could look to trade Jacoby Ellsbury.
- Jack Hannahan has an offer from an AL Central club. This, and much more, appeared (along with quotes from Chris Antonetti) in Tuesday's Major League Bastian. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Hannahan's AL Central offer was from Cleveland, and Hoynes didn't know it?
Winter Meetings Day 2 Recap + Day 3 Open Thread
Shane Victorino did not sign with the Indians.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.