- Brian Wilson could be non-tendered by the Giants. I'd love to see him setting up for Pestano.
- Carlos Ruiz has been suspended 25 games for testing positive for Adderall. At least he doesn't blame it on sharing a drink with a teammate.
- Ken Rosenthal tweeted that the Mets offered 3B David Wright a contract extension for $135-145 million over eight years. (H/T Rotoworld)
- The Cubs signed Scott Feldman to a 1-year pact.
- The Houston Astros have signed ET Trevor Crowe to a minor-league contract. They say he'll be used mostly in the outfield, but should let him stick to expert tweeting.
- Jason Kipnis: 31st most valuable contract in baseball.
- The Braves are probably going to re-sign Highly Inconsistent LGFT Chad Durbin.
- "The Mets plan to non-tender Mike Pelfrey, Manny Acosta and Andres Torres this week, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports."
- MLBTR did a few things wrong wrong in holding this chat on the AL central. Mainly, predicting us for last place. Steve Adams says "Cleveland would be lucky to get a B-level prospect" for Chris Perez. He also sees Buehrle as a fit in Cleveland. Also in my skimming, he says Pittsburgh could acquire Gavin Floyd. I'd love to see Huntington then flip Floyd to us. That is if Huntington lasts that long. In fact, I just checked to make sure he still has the job.
News and Notes, November 28, 2012
In no order...