- The Tigers released Ryan Raburn Tuesday afternoon. Raburn was terrible in 2012, but OPSed .788 from 2007-2011 (108 OPS+). He had a BABIP over .300 every year in the majors until 2012, when it was .224.
- Unsurprisingly, the Blue Jays had a bunch of roster spots to clear. They did this by letting go of Mike McDade, Mike McCoy (not the Broncos OC) and Cory Wade.
- The Royals signed Jeremy Guthrie to a 3-year contract. It's long for a guy like him, but the third year may have only cost them an extra $4M over the length of the contract. To quote their home page, he "went 5-3 with a 3.16 ERA after he was acquired July 20."
- "LHP Nick Hagadone (disqualified list) still doesnt count against Indians' 40-man. Have to think that'll be resolved some time this winter." —Bastian
- The Blue Jays hired Gibbons as their manager.
- Bud Black survived another boss. Which is pretty unusual in the sense than new FOs usually want their own guy to manage.
- The Tigers could go from Jhonny to Stephen Dhrew.
- Hiroki Kuroda re-signed with the Yankees (1y/$15M).
- The Cubs DFA'd 2012 first half sensation Bryan LaHair. La[NotPorta] OPSed .572 in the second half, .311 lower than his first half.
- The Mariners DFA'd Chone Figgins.
- The Red Sox DFA'd Danny Valencia, Zach Stewart, Ivan DeJesus, Sandy Rosario and David Carpenter.
- The Rockies outrighted LGFT Andrew Brown and LGFT Matt McBride to AAA. McBride was acquired in The Trade That Shall Not Be Mentioned.
- Another Antonetti castoff, Cory Burns, was designated for assignment by the Padres on Tuesday. Burns, you may remember, was sent to San Diego for Aaron "The Answer" Cunningham. He had a nice year in AAA but was rather terrible IN...
As teams prepare their rosters for the Rule V draft, tons of news spawns.