Hope you are safe from the storms wherever you are. First up, the Tribe news:
- Shin-Soo Choo is the only Indian named a Gold Glove finalist. And really, that's all on his arm, because he sometimes makes routine fly balls into a hold-your-breath adventure. Don't be expecting him to win. It is worth noting that outfield Gold Gloves are being passed out by position (right, left, center field) for the second year.
- Grady Sizemore and Casey Kotchman have filed for free agency. In other news, the grass is green and sky is up. The Indians need to decide by tomorrow whether to exercise options on Travis Hafner and Ubaldo Jimenez, both of whom appear to be likely to join Sizemore and Kotchman in trying to sell their services on the open market. Friday is the last day for teams to exercise options and players may begin signing on Saturday.
- Paul Hoynes is reporting the Indians have signed 18-year-old Japanese outfielder Takuya Tsuchida and that he will report to minor league camp.
- Bastian reviews the Indians' upcoming decisions and notes the contract status of current players
Free agency has begun
- MLB Trade Rumors (which has done nothing wrong) is keeping an up-to-date list of 2013 free agents by position.
- MLB.com previews the upcoming free agency market
- Player movement news from yesterday: Among those staying put: Robinson Cano, Curtis Granderson, Grant Balfour. Among those cut loose: Stephen Drew, Scott Baker, Juan Rivera, Matt Treanor