With a sweep of the Twins (and the Rangers beating the Tigers), the Indians finish the season's first week in a tie for first place in the AL Central. The White Sox and Twins are 3 and 4 games behind respectively.
In other news:
- Casey Blake is an MVP candidate.
- Westbrook vs. Santana + Indians lineup vs. Twins lineup = a fair fight
- Eduardo Perez is on pace to hit 54 home runs ... in 54 games.
- Fernando Cabrera ... false alarm. We think.
- A guy who averages 6.4 innings per start, never misses one, and has an ERA 20 percent better than league average for the past two years is "barely a good pitcher."
- Bob Dolgan is kind of losing his mind and may be the leading cause of Cleveland fans' defeatist mentality.
- The Pronk is getting even more Pronky every day.
- We might like Guillermo Mota.
- We might like Jason Michaels.
- We might not be desperate for an Andy Marte callup.
- Bob Wickman is a great closer.
- ... and after five games and our top pitcher going on the DL ... the national media nonetheless suddenly figured out that the Indians are possibly the best team in baseball.